Thursday 16 October 2014

Caramel apple oreo pops

Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful and grateful for all things, both big and small. Well this is how I look at the occasion seeing as I am not a Canadian. By the way, I feel it only fitting to be eating homemade pumpkin pie (not made by me) while I write this. I am thankful for so many things, primarily being happy, healthy and having been afforded so many amazing opportunities in my life so far. However, for everything I am thankful and grateful for, I know I have not tapped into all of my potential and fulfilled half my goals in life. In order to do this, I need to breakdown a few self-imposed barriers, but perhaps thoughts and words for another musing. Thanksgiving allows me the opportunity to do a bit of baking and spend the Sunday prior in the company of some really good people, who have been generous enough to open their home to me time and time again thanks to one of favourite people. For the baking portion, I was excited to use some limited edition oreos I had purchased from Target during my recent holiday. I do so very much enjoy the treasure trove that I find each time I visit this store. I used them as the key ingredient in a Bakerella recipe I found here.  
Unfortunately, like so many recipes I try that require a polished finish I am yet to be able to decorate beyond an amateurish skill level. Hence, the below photographic evidence of my attempt to disguise the mess I created coating the pops with the candy melt. 
My saving grace is that they tasted delicious and the rustic look was actually surprisingly appealing. Just one of many sweet treats consumed post-turkey dinner, which was scrumptious both the first time and when leftovers were eaten a day later.

No comments:

Post a Comment